What is an Accident Report Checklist?
An Accident Investigation Form is used in case of any kind of accident, but especially in car accidents. Investigators or police officers can use a checklist to document the details of accidents in a clearly structured manner.
Supervisors can use these checklists for accidents at the workplace too. That way they confirm with legal requirements, calculate the cost of damages and also think of preventive measures.
This article dicusses the following:
1. Importance of Accident Reports
2. What Should Be Included in an Accident Investigation Form?
3. The Benefits of a Digital Accident Investigation Report
Importance of Accident Reports
Besides the fact that you are legally required to report all accidents that caused any immense harm or damage or even lead to death, documenting details about an accident and its occurrence in general can help you a lot.
First of all, you have an overview of all the accidents that happened at your workplace/city/streets/household/those insured by your insurance company/…
You can also discover hazards that you may haven’t identified in your risk assessments yet.
Furthermore, these reports help you to establish preventive measures. That way, the people won’t get harmed by the same cause again in the future.
What Should Be Included in an Accident Investigation Form?
When creating an accident investigation form, note that the following should definitely be included:
- Details of the injured and involved person/people (name, birth date, ID,…)
- Date and time of the accidenty
- Witnesses (contact details and statement)
- Cause of the accident (What lead to the accident?
- The treatment that was given
- Further details
- Suggestions for preventive measures
The Benefits of a Digital Accident Investigation Report
A digital checklist is a modern way to improve your accident investigation reporting. It gives you a lot of opportunities and helps you with conducting your reports.
- No more paperwork! Take all your documents with you in your pocket, anytime anywhere. They are all in your mobile device. You won’t loose any pages, won’t have problems keeping them in the correct order and furthermore you’re helping the environment by saving paper and therefore saving trees!
- Save time! With digital checklists, there are a lot of tasks you don’t need to do anymore. For instance: no more manual follow-up work, no more waiting for the printer and better/faster communication with your teammates and supervisors.
- No more problems reading the handwriting! You can just type your notes in your mobile device using an easy-to-read font.
Digitize Checklists with Lumiform:
- The flexible checklist builder from Lumiform helps you to convert any individual paper checklist into a digital checklist without much effort.
- We offer more than 9,000 ready-made templates to help companies get started digitally in no time.
- Using the super intuitive mobile App, you and your teammates conduct check in the field with ease and in no time - online or offline
- All results, images and comments are automatically bundled in a digital report.
- Comprehensive analyses help you to identify inefficient areas in your company more quickly and thus to continuously improve your auditing and inspection processes.
- Solve incidents up to 4x faster than before through more efficient communication within the team, with third parties and with management and faster reporting of incidents.
- Save time with easier analysis of all data and faster identification of areas that need your attention.
- Very easy to use.The app offers less complexity in documenting or filling out checklists than complicated paper or Excel lists.