What is a product launch plan template?
A product launch plan is used for a marketing strategy to introduce a new product. In this systematic process, the availability, usage, design and proposed price of the product are announced.
A product launch formula is a valuable tool for the product launch process. The purpose of the product launch checklist is to verify and document the completeness of the steps and assets required for the product launch before the launch date.
This article deals with the following topics:
1. Advantages: How to plan a product launch?
2. How to create a product launch plan?
3. How a digital application supports the product launch
Advantages: How to plan a product launch?
1. Maintain the overview
The product launch process usually takes months and includes many small and large tasks that have to be completed over different periods of time. Without a system keeping track of all tasks is impossible. The danger that the process ends up in chaos and deadlines are missed is enormous.
2. Coordinated sequences sovereign
A product launch formula usually involves different employees from different departments. Using a formular for the product launch supports you to coordinate your team and to keep track of deadlines and delivery dates.
3. Prevent failure
Many tasks up to the product launch are interdependent. Often completed tasks are the basis for starting a new work step. Seemingly minor shortcomings and sloppiness can have major disadvantages for the course of work and block the whole process.
How to create a product launch plan?
Creating your own product launch plan template:
1. Set prioritiesDetermine internally relevant terms and divide the tasks into individual steps.
- Add tasks and adapt your checklist according to your individual needs.
2. Plan chronologically always from behind
- When planning, it makes sense to start from the date of the planned product launch.
- Set realistic deadlines, including buffers.
- The deadline when you start a task is automatically calculated.
3. Pay attention to the order of tasks
- The timing of the tasks is determined by the respective start date of the task.
- Sort your launch schedule chronologically to get an overview.
4. Update the status regularly
- Enter your current status regularly. What is the status of your current tasks?
- Check if you and your team are on target, if not, take necessary action
5. Update your plan constantly
- After your product launch is finished it is recommended to do an evaluation.
- Optimize your product launch plan template, since you will need it again and again
How a digital application supports the product launch
Traditionally, a launch plan formula has been captured manually with pen and paper, but with the help of a digital application you can automate this work. This approach requires manual data entry to design launch reports and email them to team members. This cumbersome process leaves critical data vulnerable to damage and makes team communication difficult. Using a digital application makes it easier to automate your workflow and never miss deadlines again.
Additional advantages of a digital product launch checklist are:
- Reports are created automatically - this saves the complete postprocessing.
- Increase the efficiency of your internal processes: Through more efficient communication within the team, with third parties and with management, as well as faster incident reporting, you solve incidents up to 4x faster than before.
- Save time by analyzing all data more easily and identifying areas that need your attention more quickly.
- Continuous improvement of quality and safety: With the flexible checklist construction kit you can constantly optimize internal tests and processes. Since Lumiform guides the inspector through the exam, no training is required.
- The very simple operation offers no room for error. The app offers less complexity in documenting or filling out checklists than complicated paper or Excel lists.
- Depending on the application, tests are carried out about 30%-50% faster or faster.
To make it easier for you to work with digital checklists, we have put together some templates to help you get started. All templates can be adapted to your needs at any time - no programming skills are required.