1. Hot dogs internal temperature for cooked hot dogs should be 165 or greater. Product must be cooked and held according to [Company name] approved procedures.
1. Acceptable if product is held at 140°F or greater-Needs Improvement o Isolated incidents (1 or 2) of tongs not stored properlyo Hot dogs are not held according to https://wirtschaftslexikon.gabler.de/ approved procedure-Unacceptable:o Hot dogs are held at 139°F or belowo Hot dogs are not cooked to 165°F or greatero Hot dogs are not cooked according to [Company name] approved procedureso Roller Grill is not present and/or workingo Correct color tongs are not usedo No consistent compliance on tong storag
2. Internal Gravy temperature 165F or greater, and held using [Company name] approved procedures. (CRITICAL) Note Actual Temperature.
2. Acceptable if held gravy is at 140°F or greater-Needs Improvemento Gravy not held according to [Company name] approved procedures-Unacceptable:o Held gravy is 139°F or belowo Gravy is not prepared to 165°F or greatero Gravy is cooled down for re-useo Gravy is not cooked according to [Company name] approved procedure
3. Chili temperature for cooked and held product must be 165F or greater. Product held and cooked to [Company name] approved procedures. (CRITICAL) Note Actual Chili Temperature
3. Acceptable if Chili is held at 140°F or greater-Needs Improvemento Chili not held according to [Company name] approved procedures-Unacceptableo Chili is not cooked to 165°F or greater o Chili is held at 139°F or belowo Chili is not cooked according to [Company name] approved procedure
4. Fried products coming out of fryer must be 165F or greater. (CRITICAL) Note actual temperatures (chicken strip, corn dog, other )
4. Acceptable if product is cooked to 165°F or greater• Needs Improvemento Isolated incidents (1 or 2) of tongs not stored properly• Unacceptableo Product is not cooked to 165°F or greatero No programed 6 minute timer on Fryero No red handled slotted fryer basketo Product is not cooked according to [Company name] approved procedureso Correct colored tongs are not usedo No consistent compliance of tong storage
6. Walking-Freezer Temperature should be 0F to (+/-10) internal thermometer present and in good working condition (CRITICAL) Note Actual temperature
6 • Needs Improvement if Thermometer is not present, in good working condition or food grade• Unacceptable if Freezer temperature is greater than 10°F.
7. Walking-Cooler temperature should be 34F to 38 F, internal thermometer present and in good working condition (CRITICAL) Note Actual temperature
7 • Needs Improvemento Thermometer is not present, good working condition or food gradeo Cooler temperature is 39 °F to 40°F• Unacceptable if Cooler temperature is greater than 40°F
8. Swamp Grill-Freezer temperature should be 0F to (+/-10) internal thermometer present and in good working condition. Note Actual temperature
8aa • Needs Improvement if Thermometer is not present, in good working condition or food grade• Unacceptable if Product temperature is greater than 10°F
8aa. Swamp Grill-Freezer product temperature should be 10F or less. Internal thermometer present and in good working condition.(CRITICAL) Note Actual temperature (chicken strip, 2oz and 4oz meat patties, sausage patties/crumbles)
9. Swamp Refrigerator temperature should be 34F to 38 F, internal thermometer present and in good working condition. Note Actual temperature
9aa. Swamp Refrigerator protein temperature should be 34F to 40F, internal thermometer present and in good working condition. (CRITICAL) Note Actual temperatures (chicken, eggs, corn dog)
9aa • Needs Improvement if Thermometer is not present, in good working condition or food grade• Unacceptable if Any protein product temperature is greater than 40°F
10. Dresser cabinet temperature is 38F or less. Note Actual temperature
10aa. Dresser product temperature is 40F or less. Internal thermometer is present and good condition. (CRITICAL) Note Actual Temperature (mayo, lettuce, ranch,cut/sliced tomato) If using TPHC (Time as a Public Health Control) for Sliced American Cheese, TPHC log must be filled out and procedures must be followed. Points will not be deducted until round 2016-2 for TPHC Log
10aa • Needs Improvement if Thermometer is not present, in good working condition or food grade• Unacceptableo Product is greater than 40°F o TPHC for Sliced American Cheese (Using Time as a Public Health Control) procedures not being followed
11. Fountainette cabinet temperature should be 38F or less. Note actual temperature.
11aa. Fountainette product should be 40F or less. Internal thermometer present and in good condition. (CRITICAL) Note Actual temperatures (strawberry, 50/50 mix).
11aa • Needs Improvemento Thermometer is not present, in good working condition or food gradeoIce is added to 50/50ShakeMix or strawberries• Unacceptable if Product temperature is greater than40°F for50/50 ShakeMix and/or strawberrie
12. Potentially Hazardous foods held in Front Swamp must be 40F or less. Foods include sliced/diced tomatoes & cole slaw (CRITICAL) Note actual temperature (tomato, cole slaw) (NO NI)
13. APW, Roundup or like Cooker, Heat wells, Warming drawer, Hot dog warmer, Prince castle holding and and heat lamp product temperatures should be holding at 165F or greater. (CRITICAL) Note Actual Product Temperature
13 • Acceptable if product is being held at 140°F or greater•Needs Improvement if Product is not held according to [Company name] approved procedures• Unacceptable if Product is held at 139°F or below
16. Internal Meat Temperature Log (monthly log) and [Company name] Safe temperature log (daily log) completed per [Company name] policy. Corrective action documented. (CRITICAL)
16 • Needs Improvemento Most current version is not being usedo 90 – 99% of the form is filled out, including corrective actions• Unacceptableo Less than 90% of the form is filled out, including corrective actionso Internal Meat or [Company name] Safe log filled out for future dates/timeso Internal Meat or [Company name] Safe log not present and/or filled out
17. Ice cream and shake machine cabinets are 34° to 38°F, product temperature is 40°F or less. Thermometer must be present and good working condition. (CRITICAL) note actual temperature.
17 • Needs ImprovementoThermometer is not present, in good working condition or food gradeo Cabinet temperature is 39°F to 40°F o Ice added to mix• Unacceptable if Product or Cabinet temperature is greater than 40°F
19. Correct grill procedures, (including grill timers) for 2oz & 4oz meat, bacon, ham, grilled chicken, eggs, sausage, burrito mix must be used. All products must be cooked to 165 degrees or greater(CRITICAL) Note actual temperature (2oz & 4oz meat, chicken patty, sausage)
19 • Needs Improvemento Bacon is not reheated prior to being placed on product (when being held at room temperature).o Isolated incidents (1 or 2) of tongs/spatulas not stored properly• Unacceptableo Tongs/Spatulas are not used correctlyo Product is not cooked according to [Company name] policyo Product not cooked to 165°F or greatero No consistent compliance of tong/spatula storageo Grill Timer is not being used and/or not presen
19. MORE INFO ON COOKING4oz Meat Patty Procedures Cooking method – 400°F section (Flat grill only) cook to 165°F or greater and mandatory doneness must be conducted on every meat patty that is cooked on flat grill.o Cook & Serve (flat grill only): Utilizing timer, meat patties are cooked completely on the 400°F section of the grill. Mandatory doneness must be conducted. Internal temperature must be 165°F or greatero Cook & Hold (flat grill only): Utilizing timer, meat patties start in the 400°F section; after the appropriate time, complete the required 30 second sear before product is moved to the 200°F section to finish cooking;prior to serving meat patty must be brought back to the 350°F section for sear and mandatory doneness test. Internal temperature must be 165°F or greater.o Holding method (flat grill only): Meat patties should be single stacked on the 200 °F section of the flat grill.Jr. Meat Patty Procedures-Cooking method – 350°F section (Flat grill only)closest to the grease tray; cook to 165°F or greater and mandatory doneness must be conducted on every meat patty that is cooked on the flat grill.o Cook & Serve (flat grill only): Utilizing timer, Jr meat patties are cooked completely in the 350°F section of the grill. Mandatory doneness test must be conducted. Internal temperature must be 165°F or greater.o Cook & Hold (flat grill only): Utilizing timer, Jr meat patties are cooked in the 350°F section; after the appropriate time, complete the required 2 second sear before product is moved to the 200°F section to finish cooking; prior to serving, meat patty must be brought back to the 350°F section for sear and mandatory doneness test. Internal temperature must be 165°F or greater.- Holding method (flat grill only): Jr meat patties can be held on the 200°F section of the flat grill (meat must not be stacked)
20. Correct dresser procedures must be used. (CRITICAL) Ensure all utensils are correctly cleaned and sanitized when pans are changed or at least every 2 hours. Squirt bottles and pans must be cleaned and rotated prior to adding new product. Never mix new product with old product. Cutting holes in the top of container lids, film and/or neck to pour from is not an acceptable practice
20 • Needs Improvement if Holes are cut in container lids, film and/or neck to be used for pouring• Unacceptableo Pans not being cleaned and sanitized before adding new producto Utensils not cleaned and sanitized when product/pan is changed or at least every 2 hourso Mixing new product with old produc
21. Employees are following 20/20 rule. [Company name], State and local glove requirements are followed. (CRITICAL) ([Company name] will implement a "double hand wash" policy for areas that are not required to wear gloves per your local/state health department.
21 • Needs Improvemento 1 drive-in team member missing Contagious Illness & Handwashing Policy, Food Tampering Policy and/or [Company name]Safe verification• Unacceptableo Not following [Company name] 20/20 Handwashing Policyo Glove requirements are not followed as required by local or state regulationso Hand washing did not occur after touching raw food prior to handling ready-to-eat foods.o Hands used on raw or cooked product when tongs are designatedo 3 compartment or vegetable sinks being used as hand sinko Pre-portioning procedures not being followedo 2 or 3 drive-in team members are missing Contagious Illness & Handwashing Policy, Food Tampering Policy and/or [Company name] Safe verifications
23. No cross-contamination allowed. Food and/or paper products cannot be stored in any restroom. Food products may not be held in any outside storage shed. (Critical) (No NI)
23 • Needs Improvemento Isolated incidents (1 or 2) of scoop policy not being followedo Condensation dripping on packaging/cases• Unacceptableo Condensation dripping directly onto producto Raw or uncooked food stored above ready-to-eat productso Manufacturer’s product containers being reused to store/dispense another producto Scoop policy not being followedo Food and/or paper products stored in restroomo Food stored in outside storage she
24. All approved products being used.(CRITICAL) (ice cream, hot dogs, meat, chili, gravy, corn dog, chicken, shredded cheese, sliced cheese, gravy, sausage, eggs, pickles, mayo, mustard, bulk ranch, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, FF, TT) (NO NI)
26. Food must be properly tempered to 34 to 40 degrees. (CRITICAL) Note Actual Temperatures (chili, hot dogs, bacon, corn dogs, grilled chicken, strawberry topping, ham) (NO NI)
28. Sanitizer is present and in designated locations and in correct concentration and temperature. Sanitizer test strips are present and in use. Chlorsan and Citrus Delimer present in drive in . (CRITICAL)
28 • Needs Improvemento Isolated incident (1 out of 5) of non-compliance of sanitizer below/above concentration levels or if water temperature is not between 75°F to 110°F. o Sanitizer solution is available in 4 of the 5 designated stations• Unacceptableo Sanitizer buckets are not set-up (2 or more locations)o Concentration or water temperature is not correct (2 or more stations) o No Chlorsan and/or Citrus Delimer available (for Ice Cream and Shake Machines) o No Quat test strips present (if Quat is used as sanitizer)o No chlorine test strips present
29. Digital thermometer kit and probes are present and properly calibrated. (CRITICAL)
32. All cleaning chemicals and equipment are properly identified and stored away from food and paper products. All chemical containers and spray bottles must be properly labeled. All cleaning chemicals and equipment must be stored in a separate area of the drive-in, away from food and paper products. No food containers can be used to store and/or dispense chemicals (slush pump, squeeze bottles, stainless steel/cambro pans, etc). (NO NI)
39. All food contact surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized at least every 2 hours. All food contact surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized at least every two hours. If a food contact surface is in continual use, it must be cleaned and sanitized when the use is complete or at least every two hours. Continual use food contact surfaces are the dresser table, bun toaster table, fountainette, and front swamp. Other food contact surfaces include prep tables and count.
39 • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents of non-compliance• Unacceptable if No consistent compliance
46. Hand sinks in kitchen(1) ,and front (1) area are properly stocked (hand soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, hand washing sign) Hand sinks and drains are in good working order (hot and cold running water, drains properly, no leaks)(CRITICAL)
46 • Needs Improvemento Only one hand sink is availableo Hand sink is used for any purpose other than hand washingo Isolated incidents of a hand sink not stocked properly• Unacceptableo No consistent compliance of hand sinks stocked properlyo No hot and/or cold running watero Hand sink blocked by stationary object
51. No visible signs of infestation. Outside doors should be sealed and remained closed. (CRITICAL)
51 • Needs Improvemento Doors not sealed properlyo Isolated incidents of flies• Unacceptableo Sprays and/or fly strips presento Doors propped open and/or not closedo Evidence of rodents, pests (dead or alive) or droppingso Chemicals/pesticides are present o Evidence of roaches (dead or alive)
55. Managers, Assistant managers and person in charge are Servsafe Certified. ( CRITICAL)
55 • Needs Improvement if Certificate is older than 3 years, but less than 4 years• Unacceptableo Certified personnel not present at the start or during audito Manager(s) and/or assistant manager(s) not certified
58. Historical temperature logs with corrective actions ( Internal Meat, and [Company name] Safe) are recorded and corrective actions documented . KEEP 1 YEAR ON FILE
58 • Needs Improvemento Between 90% and 99% of the forms completed since the last audito Corrective actions are completed 90% to 99% since the last audito [Company name] Safe Log is not signed by management• Unacceptableo 89% or less of Corrective actions are not recordedo 89% or less of the forms are completed since last au
5. Onion Ring batter should be 40F or less. Note Actual Temperature
5. • Needs Improvement if Ice added to batter• Unacceptableo Onion ring batter is greater than 40°Fo Used batter and/or bread crumbs is reused
14. Fryer temperature should be 350F (+/-10). Note Actual temperatures (Vat1, Vat 2, Vat 3, Vat 4) (NO NI)
15. Grill temperature zones 400F (+/-30), 350F (+/-30), 200F (200F minimum, 230F maximum), Garland Clam Shell Grill (Top 425F (+\- 15), Garland Clam Shell Grill (bottom 350F(+\- 10), Hot Dog Roller Grill (250/200) (NO NI)
15. • Unacceptableo 400°F and/or 350°F sections are outside the +/- 30°F variance rangeo 200°F is lower than 200°F or greater than 230°Fo Clamshell top is outside 15°F variance and/or bottom zone is outside the 10°F varianceo Flat Grill is not set-up according to [Company name] policy (Left to right)
18. Ice Cream and Shake Machine must be clean, properly maintained and sanitized.
18. • Needs Improvement if Soiled but not affecting food safety• Unacceptable if Machine and star dispensing head is not clean and free from build-up
22. Clean towels must be used, stored properly and in sanitizer.
22. • Needs Improvemento Isolated incident (1 or 2) of non-complianceo Towels not in good conditiono Isolated incident (1 or 2) of incorrect towel usage, if procedure does not pose a food safety risk• Unacceptableo No consistent complianceo Towel procedure at Fountain/Drive Thru not being followedo No consistent compliance of towel usage
27. Product stored in walk-in and reach-in coolers and freezers are properly stored, covered and dated. This includes tempered items.
27. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents of policy not being followed• Unacceptableo Product is being used past it’s discard dateo Products stored out of refrigerationo No consistent compliance
30. Dry food products are properly stored, dated and rotated (per FIFO). Dry paper products are properly stored. All food and packaging must be off the floor at least 6 inches.
30. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents products are not dated with delivery date, covered, rotated or stored off the floor at least 6 inches• Unacceptableo Dented cans are noted in dry storageo No consistent compliance
31. Use only approved chemical products at the drive in.(no Bleach, Comet, Brillo, Dawn, Pesticides, Herbicides, etc.) (NO NI)
33. Floors, drains, and baseboards are clean and in good condition. All threaded water connections must have proper back flow device.
34. Walls, doors, ceiling panels and vents are clean, in place, and in good repair. Policy: Walls, ceilings, and shelves made out of wood are not allowed. All ceiling tiles must be present and in place. The ceiling grids and tiles must be clean and free of rust. Ceiling tile exterior surfaces should be made of a cleanable, non-porous material, such as a vinyl coating. Vents should be free from rust and grease. There must be no holes in the walls or openings around piping that comes out of walls. Walls must be free from grease buildup. Food products cannot be stored on wood shelving. Wood shelving is allowed in outside storage buildings to store paper products. Wood shelving must be painted a light color (beige or white) and must not have buildup. Paper products stored on wood shelving must remain in the boxes. Storage shelves must be clean, rust free and in good condition.
34. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents of non-compliance• Unacceptableo No consistent complianceo Wood shelving/doors/walls observed in drive-ino Paper products stored directly on wood shelving in outside storage shedo Food products stored on wood shelving
35. Restrooms are clean and properly stocked with soap, sanitizer, towels, and a trash an with lid)
35. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents of non-compliance• Unacceptableo No consistent complianceo No hot or cold water in restrooms
36. Trash cans and dumpster areas are clean, covered and free from debris.
36. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents of non-compliance• Unacceptable if No consistent compliance
37. Light fixtures are shielded or covered.
38. Three compartment sinks are set up properly and being used. Wash, rinse and sanitize. If approved mechanical dish machine is used, all temperature sand sanitizer concentrations, if applicable, meet requirements. Three compartment sinks must be set up properly throughout the day when being used: Wash, Rinse, and Sanitize. The sinks must be labeled properly – wash, rinse and sanitize. Rinse water is not required to be set up in the sink if the faucet is equipped with a spray nozzle. These requirements apply to both the front and back three compartment sinks. Sanitizer target: Chlorine 100 ppm, Quat 200 ppm (with a range of 150 to 350 ppm), water temperature 75° to 110°F.
38. • Needs Improvement if Sinks are not properly labeled• Unacceptableo Wash temperature is below 110°Fo Rinse water temperature is below 120°Fo Sanitizer is not at correct concentrationo Water temperature is not 75° to
40. All equipment must be NSF certified/commercial grade, clean, in good condition, and properly maintained
40. • Needs Improvemento Equipment is functioning in less than good condition but does not pose a food safety issueo Isolated incidents of equipment not being cleaned• Unacceptableo No consistent compliance of equipment being cleanedo Microwave is observed in the drive-ino Non NSF/commercial grade equipment in drive-
41. All refrigeration/freezer units ( including shelving and light bulbs) are in good working condition and clean.
41. • Needs Improvemento Isolated incidents of non-complianceo Condensation dripping but not on food, packaging or cases• Unacceptable if No consistent compliance
42. Utensils and storage containers clean, food grade. NSF certified, in good condition and stored properly: tomato slicer, can opener, onion ring machine, food bins, cutting boards, utensils, cutting gloves, malt collars, etc. also Prince Castle holding pans and lids must be in good condition and clean.
42. • Needs Improvemento Isolated incidents of non-complianceo Batter bin lids crackedo Cambro pans cracked• Unacceptableo No consistent complianceo Malt collars not washed/rinsed/sanitized after each useo Shake spindle not sanitized after each useo Batter bin lids brokeno Cambro pans broken
43. Soft drink, ice machine and ice bins are free of soil and good working order. Ice scoops must be properly stored. Policy: Soft drink, ice machine and ice bins are free from soil and in good working order. Coke UDM nozzles are clean and free from mold/syrup build up. Lids are in good working condition and ice scoops are stored out of the ice bin in a proper container (ice bucket, approved holster, cleaned and sanitized tray, etc.) Cups should be covered or the top cup marked “Do Not Use” to protect from possible contamination. Storage of food product or non-food product containers (orange juice, cups, etc.) in ice bins is not acceptable.
43. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incidents of non-compliance• Unacceptableo No consistent complianceo Containers or bottles stored in the ice bins
44. Ice bucket is NSF certified, clean, sanitized, in good condition, stored off floor, labeled as a "ice only" bucket. Policy: Ensure ice bucket is NSF certified, clean and sanitized. It must be kept off the floor at all times (even during filling) and designated as an “ice only” bucket. Ice bucket should be free from holes or cracks. (NO NI)
48. Employees and management must wear clean uniforms. Hair must be properly restrained with cap, visor or hair net for management/employee(s) handling food or drinks. Aprons, if worn, must be clean. Soiled aprons must be stored away from food areas.
48. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incident (1 or 2) of non-compliance• Unacceptable if No consistent compliance
49. No jewelry, including watches, worn by food handlers. No fingernails over ¼ inch in length. Bandages must be colored and covered. (HEALTH DEPARTMENT) Policy: Nail polish and/or acrylic nails can be worn if wearing intact gloves. Individuals preparing food, drinks and/or packaging must have fingernails under ¼ inch in length (gloved or non-gloved). [Company name] approved jewelry consists of:• One smooth band that fits snugly on your finger• Small or moderately-sized, non-dangling earrings, not to exceed two earrings per ear (any part of the ear is acceptable)• Small ear gauges (outside perimeter of the ear gauge cannot exceed 10mm in size (the size of a dime))• One small nose stud worn in the nostril
49. • Needs Improvement if Isolated incident (1 or 2) of non-compliance• Unacceptable if No consistent compliance
50. Employee personal items, including food and drinks are properly stored. Policy: Employee personal items as well as food/drink items must be stored in a designated area away from food preparation areas, sinks, food product and food storage areas. Personal items stored in the walk-in cooler must be stored on lowest shelf. All employee drinks must be covered with a lid. [Company name] EQUIPMENT CANNOT BE USED TO COOK PERSONAL FOOD ITEMS!
50. • Needs Improvemento Items not stored in designated areas (outside of coolers)o Personal items not stored on lowest shelf in the WI cooler• Unacceptable if Raw/uncooked personal product observed for cooking on [Company name] equipment
52. All pest control paperwork must be present in drive-in. Service contract, pest control reports, pest control applicator licenses, and certificate of insurance are on file. Policy: Verify that there is a service contract or pest control plan with a licensed pest control company and that there is a minimum of one service call every 40 days. Review the last 2 service reports from the pest control company. The findings, products used, the amount, and treatment must be noted. There must have been a visit within the last 40 days. NOTE: 30 day grace period will be given on expired paperwork (contract, licenses, & insurance).
52. • Unacceptableo No reports or recent visito Findings and treatment not clearly recordedo No service contract or pest control plan availableo Service contract, applicator licenses and/or certificate of insurance is past 30 day grace period
56. Current operations manual must be present
56a. Current Food Safety Audit packet must be present. Policy: The most recent version of the food safety audit packet must be available via PartnerNet or hard copy. (NO NI)
57. Star training documentation is present in drive-in. (Proficiency Checklists are now required to be completed every year)
57. Upon hiring an employee, they must receive the following certifications by the dates below:-[Company name] Safe & Guest Service Certification – by the end of the first week of employment-Main Position – by the end of the second week of employmentAll employees are required to be recertified each year. Current proficiency checklists WILL BE REQUIRED ANNUALLY.-January - Mayo All employees must be recertified in each of their respective stations during this time frameo Station Training Tracking report exam dates must be within the previous or current calendar yearo Proficiency Checklist on record for the previous year(s) or current calendar year-July - Decembero Station Training Tracking report exam dates must be within the current calendar yearo Proficiency Checklist must be dated within the current calendar year
59. Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Must be available for all chemicals including pesticides and sanitizer
59. • Needs Improvement if Training logs are not up to date• Unacceptableo SDS sheets are not availableo Training logs are not present
60. [Company name] Bodily Fluid kit and First-Aid Kits must be present and properly stocked. Policy: [Company name] Bodily Fluid kits can be purchased from your distribution center. Kits must be properly stocked and easily accessible. The first aid kit must contain brightly colored band-aids and rubber or vinyl gloves or finger cots to cover cuts and abrasions on hands. PLEASE NOTE: The chemical disinfectant does have an expiration date and must be replaced prior to that date.
62. Current State / Local health permit is posted. Health inspections should be maintained on file in the store for a period of at least one year. Policy: A current health permit must be posted. Review health inspections for past violations. Health Inspections should be maintained on file in the drive-in for review for a period of at least one year. 60 day grace period should be given for expired health permits. (NO NI)
63. Outside sewage and/or grease trap manhole cover is properly secured. (No Points Deducted)
How did this audit Rank? (Excellent 96+) (Good 92-96) (Met Standard 90-92) (Below Standard 87-90) (Unacceptable Below 87)