1. Verify physical inventory of all equipment to be assigned to this project via BOM, change orders, proposal, and drawings.
2. Do you have the job book with redlined drawings (if not, do not proceed)?
3. Do you have draft QRG’s with you to review?
4. Do you have a technician with you to perform corrective actions?
5. Do you have the Field Engineering Manual with you?
Section 02 – Audio System
1. Ambient noise within acceptable limits (subjectively, or if in doubt, measured)? This is provided a specification exists.
2. Playback Sources - Signal paths traced and highlighted on drawings?
3. Interface Sources - Signal paths traced and highlighted on drawings?
4. Are all sources subjectively at the same level (if not, tweak them at the switcher or mixer, as appropriate)?
5. If you are verifying stereo sources, are you receiving both channels through the audio system?
6. Wired microphone
a. Phantom power set?
b. Signal path verified?
c. High pass filter enabled?
7. Wireless microphone
a. Channel and frequency set? (NOT at factory default)
b. No dropouts?
c. High pass filter enabled?
8. Gain Structure Settings
a. Mic inputs OK?
b. Line inputs OK?
c. Telco inputs/outputs OK?
d. Codec inputs/outputs OK?
e. Volume controlled correctly?
f. Echo canceller referenced properly?
g. Noise cancellation set up?
h. Gating enabled?
i. AGC/Levelers enabled for mics? (if appropriate)
j. Maximum volume set up?
k. Audio test call successful?
l. Add AGC/leveling to incoming telco level and re-test.
m. Video test call successful?
n. Add AGC/leveling to incoming VTC level and re-test.
o. Audio quality is subjectively good on all sources?
p. Audio functions correctly after re-boot?
9. Speaker Checks
a. All speakers functional?
b. All speakers in phase?
c. All speakers tapped correctly? (level is the same)
a. System/s are equalized for the room? (peaks minimized)
b. Subwoofer, crossover point and EQ set up for best integration with mains?
c. When you are done, do a subjective evaluation of sound quality. If you feel the system is lacking in any way, record notes here.
a. Ensure that the firmware version for the audio DSP is recorded on the IP form located in the job book.
Section 03 – Video System
1.All video paths tested with generator or actual source and highlighted on drawings?
a. Verify that sources/scalers are set to the native resolution of the displays.
b. Ensure that EDID information is defined for digital video systems and that all displays are capable of the common resolution identified in the EDID.
c. Verify that copy protected (HDCP) content shows up on all displays.
d. If you are dealing with a video wall, ensure that each required resolution is recalled and displayed correctly and that the color balance and alignment is set.
e. Communicate with the end user about any special resolution requirements or unusual computer sources and test these.
f. If there is a video codec, ensure that is set in the correct mode – either dual screen or single screen.
g. If you are using twisted pair, verify that peaking and skew are set correctly for each feed at the twisted pair receiver and/or switcher end.
Section 04 – Control System
1. IP Configuration
a. Setup IP addressing scheme as identified on the drawings, in the IP form provided to you, or as directed by the customer. Add this information to the IP form which is located in the job book.
b. Verify that the code is already loaded.If not, load it now.
2. Visual Inspection
a. Does the touch panel layout appear professional or are there fuzzy graphics, misspelling or cartoonish aspects to the design?
b. Is the customer logo on the front page and is it the correct logo?
c. Does the layout appear easy-to-understand for a non-engineer?
d. Are the buttons large enough for a finger to press?
3. Functional Test (this assumes the system was tested in the shop prior to arriving on site –if not, complete the Rack Commissioning)
a. Shut down works correctly?
b. Power up works correctly?
c. All sources are routable?
d. Does each source function as expected from the touch panel (no remotes)?
e. Are startup volume states correct? Playback 50%, Speech Reinforcement 90% and teleconference receive 50% (Guideline).
f. Are receive audio feeds from codecs and phone hybrids controlled by a common volume control that appears on the appropriate page and you don’t have to hunt for it?
g. Is privacy mute provided on the appropriate page with feedback?
h. Are mute and volume states TRUE AT STARTUP?
i. Verify that the Service page on the touch panel shows the job number correctly.
Section 05 – VTC Test
1. Self-view works and you can position the camera? (left/right/up/down/zoom-in/zoom-out are not swapped)
2. Are pan and tilt speeds usable when zoomed in on a subject?
3. Codec has all option keys installed as specified on the BOM and any change orders in the job book?
4. Codec output resolution matches the display/s?
5. Content sharing is set to “standards compatible” or H.239?
6. Echo canceller in the codec is disabled if there is an external echo canceller in the system?
7. Use the touch panel to dial a video test call.
a. Audio and video quality acceptable?
b. Route source other than camera. Does it work?
c. If there is a recording device, initiate a recording and verify that it works.
d. Perform a phone add. Does it work?
8. Hang up the test call and have the far end call you. Can you accept a received call?
9. Subjectively, how is the call quality? Make notes.
a. Ensure that the video codec firmware version is recorded in the IP form located in the job book.
Section 06 – Audio Conference Test
1. Levels are acceptable, both outgoing and incoming?
2. Customer’s bridging service accepts dial-in credentials? Verify that your password is taken consistently by making three test calls.
3. Bridged call with three participants – levels acceptable?
4. Echo and noise cancellation are working properly? Remember, if you hear echo your end, it is the OTHER end causing it.
5. Have the far end call you. Can you answer the call?
6. Can you switch to VTC mode without the call hanging up?
7. If you made ANY level changes in this test, did you go back and re-test VTC plus phone add?
Section 07 – Display Wall System
1. Base structure is plumb and level, and is securely anchored to the floor and/or surrounding load-bearing structure according to provided drawings.
2. Each display is set to its native resolution (1:1) and is receiving a signal at that resolution such that the image fills the screen to the edges.
3. Images tightly aligned using cross-hatch or grid test pattern, with no more than +/- 1 pixel deviation at any junction and edge loss of less than 1 pixel across the entire wall.
Note to Project Manager: Follow up on the work to be done, and oversee that it is completed within a reasonable time frame.
(check name not set)
Please note that this checklist template is a hypothetical example and provides only standard information. The template does not aim to replace, among other things, workplace, health and safety advice, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or any other applicable law. You should seek your professional advice to determine whether the use of such a checklist is appropriate in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Please, finish the registration to access the content of the checklist.