1. Are all restricted areas locked & with clear signage?
2. Is the contractor/key box locked, with all relevant forms and keys?
3. Are contractors using the contractor box?
Fire Protection Systems & Emergency Management
1) Verify the Fire Protection Equipment is present in all required locations, in good visual condition, no obstructions to access, with appropriate signage, and inspection tags have been stamped where relevant:
1a) Fire Extinguishers (tagged
1b) Fire Hose Reels (tagged
1c) Fire Doors (closed & in good condition)
1d) Fire Passages (free of all obstructions)
1e) Emergency Lighting & Exit Signs
1g) Fire Indicator Panel (no faults, alarms or isolates indicated)
1h) Fire Sprinkler System (check log book)
1i) Early Warning Intercommunication System (EWIS)
2) Is the Evacuation Plan clearly displayed in all areas?
1) Are all floors and ground surfaces clean and free of slip/trip hazards?
2) Are lighting levels satisfactory?
3) Are toilet facilities clean & stocked with supplies?
4) Is the general presentation and cleanliness satisfactory?
5) Are air conditioning systems operating effectively?
6) Are retailer directory boards up to date?
7) Are vacant areas locked, clean and presentable?
8) Is the CCTV fully operational and recording?
9) Are all signs in good condition and illuminated where relevant?
10) Are lifts and escalators clean, well lit and functioning, with NO missing comb teeth on escalators?
11) Are all tenancy shopfronts clean & presentable?
12) Are all plant & distribution rooms locked, neat and tidy, free from debris and trip hazards?
13) Are auto doors operating correctly? (check radars and PE sensors)
14) Are all CML sites, vending machines & rides clean and operating?
15) Is background music playing at a suitable volume?
16) Are all tenants trading within their lease lines / licensed areas?
1) Are all paths and walkways clean and free of slip/trip hazards?
2) Are exterior walls & surfaces clean, in good repair & free of graffiti?
3) Is exterior / security lighting working?
4) Is external signage current and in good condition?
5) Have waste bins been emptied and is rubbish area clean & tidy?
6) Are fences & gates undamaged and free of graffiti?
7) Are gardens & lawns well presented and free from rubbish?
8) Is car park surface in good condition & free of potholes, slip & trip hazards?
9) Is car park tidy & bollards/speed humps undamaged?
10) Is the car park ventilation system working correctly?
Please make a note of any issues not already identified in this report.
Please note that this checklist template is a hypothetical example and provides only standard information. The template does not aim to replace, among other things, workplace, health and safety advice, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or any other applicable law. You should seek your professional advice to determine whether the use of such a checklist is appropriate in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Please, finish the registration to access the content of the checklist.