1. Does your business have a visible, signed health and safety policy and policy statement?
2. Is there a robust procedure that is used to identify, record and manage a workplace hazard?
3. Is there a documented and well known incident and injury reporting procedure?
4. Do your procedures outline the steps required to prevent and respond to significant hazards?
5. Are signed employee induction records available?
6. Have People Conducting Business or an Undertaking (PCBU) or officers or staff attended Occupational Health and Safety training courses relevant to their job requirements in the last 2 years?
7. Can you demonstrate your staff have received information on emergency responses and taken part in drillls?
8. Can you show evidence that officers/staff of your organisation know about workplace health and safety matters and are kept up-to-date with relevant information?
9. Is there a system in place that enables open communication between management and staff about workplace Health and Safety issue management?
10. If significant hazards require the use of safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment(PPE), is there a process which demonstrates how this equipment is issued, used, renewed and maintained?
11. Can people safely enter and exit facilities without hindrance in normal working conditions and in emergencies?
12. Is there a developed emergency response plan and are people aware of the procedures?
13. Is there a system to ensure contractors get a workplace induction before they have access to a site?
14. Is access to restricted rooms and facilities adequately controlled?
15. Has your building been verified free of asbestos and other hazardous building materials?
If you answered Yes to 15/15 questions your organisation is likely to PASS an Occupational Safety and Health assessment.If you answered NO to one or more questions you are likely to FAIL an Occupational Safety and Health Assessment. By implementing these simple Health and Safety systems and processes and utilising Lumiform Lumiform to conduct your inspections and audits you will contribute to creating a safer more healthy workplace for your staff. Start today.
Please note that this checklist template is a hypothetical example and provides only standard information. The template does not aim to replace, among other things, workplace, health and safety advice, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or any other applicable law. You should seek your professional advice to determine whether the use of such a checklist is appropriate in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Please, finish the registration to access the content of the checklist.