What is a pipeline inspection services checklist?
Pipeline inspection services checklist is used by pipeline engineers as a method to evaluate the condition of pipe systems and prevent leaks, pressure surges, or corrosion. Thus, they can assure that the systems are being monitored, and in case of issues, remedial measures are taken.
As a rule, a pipeline inspection is followed by a report. A pipe inspection report serves as a comprehensive document for the assessment of the hazard potential of a pipe system. Through this assessment, a large number of expenses can be minimized.
This article covers the following topics:
1. Advantages of a timely pipe inspection
2. 4 tips for a pipeline inspection
3. App & software for pipeline inspection with report
Advantages of timely pipe inspection
The importance of regular pipe inspections is often overlooked. However, exactly this quick procedure can help:
- Eliminate deficiencies while it is still possible and easy to do. Changing one detail is more simple than repairing the entire system. And pipelines, in particular, need to be taken care of since they can be damaged by corrosion.
- Prevent employee lawsuits. If a worker eventually gets sick or injured due to the system malfunction, the company may fall victim to a tedious court process. Exactly because this employee can just sue them, it is better to ensure the safety of the system for the workers serving it.
- Guarantee that all pipe operators are working efficiently on monitoring the pipe condition.
- Save money. Maintaining is always cheaper than installing a new system in place.
4 Tips for pipeline inspection
A pipeline inspection with report should be well planned and fully documented. The following tips will help you to start with the pipeline inspection.
- Collect information
First, you should collect past and present data on design records, operation and maintenance histories, and corrosion control procedures to assess which indirect inspection tools (e.g., close-in inspection (CIS)) should be used. Select indirect inspection tools such as the short-range, current-voltage gradient, or AC attenuation inspection to assess corrosion activity.
- Surface inspection
Carry out an above-ground inspection to find coating defects and other factors of corrosion activity.
Use the collected data to evaluate segments for pipe surface assessments and excavations for buried pipes. The aim is to determine the external corrosion affecting the pipeline and the general coating condition. Determine the extent to which immediate action is required as well as future corrective action.
Evaluate the data from the examination and note whether there are any risk factors that need to be checked regularly.
App & Software for a pipeline inspection
With Lumiform's mobile app, you can easily perform quality and safety audits, report problems in a snap and quickly assign corrective actions to responsible colleagues. Easy communication with all team members and third parties allows you to improve internal processes and resolve incidents up to four times faster.
Digitize checklists and internal processes with Lumiform:
- The flexible checklist builder from Lumiform helps you to convert any individual paper list into a digital checklist without much effort.
- In addition, we offer ready-made templates to help companies get started digitally in no time.
- Using the super intuitive mobile App, you and your teammates conduct check in the field with ease and in no time.
- All results, images and comments are automatically bundled in a digital report.
- Comprehensive analyses help you to identify inefficient areas in your company more quickly and thus to continuously improve your auditing and inspection processes.