What Are Check Sheet Templates?
A check sheet checklist helps you with your quality management and process optimization. With an error collection card you can systematically record errors over a defined period of time. Use it to identify failures and their causes more quickly and then eliminate them.
Every company and every organization should use suitable methods for its quality management, one of which is the error collection card.
This article deals with:
Goals of an Error Collection Card Template
As every company is different and has different areas and contents, there are of course different goals depending on the area. However, some general goals of error management appear in every industry:
- identify, analyze and correct errors.
- Fix potential errors and prevent them from occurring again.
- Capture a significant database for quality assurance and evaluation of error management.
- Detect interface problems.
- And last but not least: guarantee and support the safety of customers and employees.
Characteristics of a Good Check Sheet Template
A good check sheet should provide a good basis for improvements. It should therefore indicate errors as clearly as possible, as well as their causes. Therefore your template should have these characteristics:
Quality inspectors should consider carefully how to classify product defects, for example, by type, location or cause. This allows them to identify exactly how often a particular defect has occurred.
Often, however, it takes several passes before a perfectly suitable classification method is found. To save time, the checklist should therefore be adaptable. Changes are very easy to make with a digital solution like Lumiform.
One of the most important things for quality improvement is communication. The faster an error is communicated, the faster it can be fixed.
Use Lumiform to automatically do a report or communicate it to your supervisor within seconds.
Real Time Data
As a supervisor, it is important to always be up to date. In order to implement improvements in the manufacturing process most effectively, the supervisor should keep an overview of past and current operations. With a digital inspection form, it is possible to access all recorded data in real time. In this way, decisions can be made effectively and reliable results can be achieved more easily.
It is a big advantage of a quality control sheet template when inspectors can take it with them anywhere at any time. This saves them a lot of time and there is no longer the risk of losing the paper-based data. Use Lumiform and convert your paper checklists into a digital checklist easily and within minutes.
Advantages of a Digital Check Sheet Template
Digitization has many advantages, also when performing inspections and creating quality control sheets:
- Reports are created automatically – this saves the complete post-processing.
- Generate real-time data via internal processes. This makes quality and security measurable and you can use the data to continuously optimize processes.
- Get an overview of everything that’s going on on site.
- Increase the efficiency of your internal processes: Through more efficient communication within the team, with third parties and with management, as well as faster incident reporting, you solve incidents up to 4x faster than before.
- Save time by analyzing all data more easily and identifying areas that need your attention more quickly.
- Continuous improvement of quality and safety: With the flexible checklist construction kit you can constantly optimize internal tests and processes. Lumiform guides the examiner through the checklist, no training is required.
- The very simple operation offers no margin for error for inspectors on site. The app offers less complexity in documenting or filling out checklists than complicated paper checklists or Excel lists.
- Depending on the application, tests are carried out about 30%-50% faster.
Try Lumiform for free