What is a risk management checklist?
A risk management checklist is utilized to create a framework to identify potential risks and hazards associated in a company. Risk management is part of occupational safety and health. As a project management tool, the risk management checklist helps to ensure safety in the workplace. Beyond accident prevention, risk management can make your team more efficient and better prepared to identify potential risks or hazards on their own and improve overall safety.
This article deals with the following topics:
3 key steps in a risk management checklist
The use of a risk management checklist template is helpful for fulfilling the risk management plan. A good risk management plan includes all of the information, how risk will be planned, managed, dealt with, and documented throughout the life cycle of our projects. A big task that can be more easily implemented by using and evaluating checklists. A checklist is an excellent tool to identify, analyze and monitor risks and to initiate corrective actions.
- Identification & Analysis: The checklist should entail an identification process of potential risks and hazards related to the company. As well as a thorough analysis (conducted by expert personnel) of its impacts. More severe cases should always be prioritized.
- Corrective Action:Control measures to minimize or eliminate a possible risk should be assigned to the personnel as soon as a root cause of a problem or possible hazard is established.
- Monitoring:It is important to consider risk assessments a permanent process. The analysis and corrective measures should be evaluated by their effectiveness and regular checks should be assigned.
The risk management plan as a base
A risk management plan is a document that helps you identify, evaluate, and plan for potential issues that could come up during work. It’s like a roadmap that shows you every pothole and accident-prone corner on your path so you can avoid, re-route, or, at the bare minimum..
App and software for risk management checklists
With Lumiform’s mobile app, you can easily access and store your risk management plan on your mobile device, automatically generate reports after an inspection, and seamlessly share them with the appropriate people. With the desktop software you create risk management checklists or forms, and evaluate the data collected in the field. This significantly reduces the risk of quality loss, documentation errors and damage to reputation.
Using Lumiform in your digital risk management process helps you create rich data sets to better support your decisions and encourages compliance within your organization. No longer using paper-based risk management templates saves you time and money. Take the benefits of digitalization into your risk management process:
- Generate real-time data about your processes. This makes risks and safety measurable for the first time and you can use the data to continuously improve processes.
- Get a general overview of everything that happens in the field.
- Risk management reports are generated automatically, which saves you the need to do all the manual follow-up work.
- Share reports immediately with multiple recipients. Reports are shareable in multiple formats.
- Increase the efficiency of your internal processes: Solve incidents up to 4x faster than before through more efficient communication within the team, with third parties and with management and faster reporting of incidents
- Save time with easier analysis of all data and faster identification of areas that need your attention.
- Continuous improvement of quality and safety: With the flexible form builder you can continuously optimize internal checks and processes. The Lumiform guides the examiner through the exam, no training is required.
- Very easy to use with no margin for error for employees. The app offers less complexity in documenting or filling out risk management checklists than complicated paper or Excel lists.