What is a pre-delivery inspection?
The pre-delivery inspection (or pre-delivery inspection) ensures that a newly purchased vehicle is roadworthy and safe before it is handed over to the customer. It is usually carried out at the dealership, where the inspectors evaluate every aspect of the vehicle, such as the engine compartment and electrical controls, as well as the fuel and exhaust system.
A delivery inspection also includes a road test to ensure that the general steering and handling, transmission and brakes are in perfect condition.
What is a checklist for outbound inspection ?
A PDI checklist is used to evaluate vehicle operating conditions and compliance with safety regulations before sale to customers.
This article briefly discusses:
1. 4 steps for pre-delivery inspection
2. Advantages of the Lumiform app for pre-delivery inspection
4 decisive steps during pre-delivery inspection
The delivery of a vehicle should be carried out professionally and thoroughly to ensure the safety of the customer. In this way, recall actions and accidents can be prevented.
- Headlights are correctly aligned.
- Tire pressure is adjusted to the manufacturer's recommended specifications, including spare tires.
- All mirrors should be firm and clear.
- Windshield wipers and washer fluid level are checked. The paint condition and all emblems are undamaged.
- The steering wheel should be aligned.
- Locks, bolts and hinges are lubricated and functional.
- Safety devices are installed for electronic accessories.
- No obvious damage to the car seats.
- Safety belt, wheel covers, wheel locks and airbags are properly installed.
3. Engine compartment
- The engine should not make any growling noise.
- All fluids such as washing machine, coolant, brakes, power steering, transmission and oil are leak-free and at their normal level.
- The hood latch should be lubricated to ensure smooth operation.
- The battery is tested and fully functional
4. Bottom side
- There are no visual defects such as cracks or holes in hoses, electrical lines, exhaust systems and suspension components.
- Brakes should be tested and checked for damage indicators such as brake lights on, squeaking noises, vibrations and soft brake pedal.
An effective delivery inspection also includes checking the owner's manual, service passport, warranty booklet and instructions before the vehicle is handed over to the customer. It is also necessary to carry out the recommended 10-kilometer road test on both city streets and the highway to assess the overall performance of the vehicle.
The advantages of the Lumiform app for pre-delivery inspection
With Lumiform's mobile app, you can easily conduct any kind of quality and safety inspection via tablet or smartphone - online or offline. With the desktop software, you can create checklists and evaluate the data collected in the field. This significantly reduces the risk of quality loss, accidents at work, documentation errors and damage to reputation.
Digitize checklists and internal processes with Lumiform:
- The flexible checklist builder from Lumiform helps you to convert any individual paper list into a digital checklist without much effort.
- In addition, we offer more than9,000 ready-made templates to help companies get started digitally in no time.
- Using thesuper intuitive mobile App, you and your teammates conduct check in the field with ease and in no time.
- All results, images and comments are automatically bundled in a digital report.
- Comprehensive analyses help you to identify inefficient areas in your company more quickly and thus to continuously improve your auditing and inspection processes.