What Is a Software Quality Assurance Checklist?
Software quality assurance is a process that ensures that software meets the quality standards set by the organization or regulatory body. Such quality assurance testing is performed by software engineers for ISO 25010 certification. This involves assessing whether the software or application is capable of running as planned. It is also checked for errors or defects that need to be corrected before official implementation.
This article deals in this context with:
Important Aspects of a Software Quality Assurance Checklist
The ISO/IEC 25010 is the official certification for the quality of software products. The ISO “quality model” lists the primary aspects of a software , these are taken into account when the overall mark is given. Below are listed the primary aspects that must be considered in order to test software quality and achieve ISO 25010 certification.
- Are the functions completely created according to the defined requirements ?
2. Functionality & Reliability
- Is the main function of the software tailored to the primary needs of the user?
- Does the software run consistently enough to meet the user’s requirements consistently and accurately?
- Do the software functions perform the required task at an appropriate speed?
- Are resources actively and economically used by the software when it is asked to perform functions?
- Is the software structured in such a way that a user can easily see whether it is suitable for his needs?
- Is the learning curve appropriate, in terms of learning how to use the software?
- Is the software easy to use when the functions used and the needs of the user are taken into account?
- Does the software reliably protect the confidential data of a user?
- Does the software resist unauthorized access attempts by program modification and other malicious attacks?
- Can the software verify the identity of an entity before access is granted?
- Is the software composed of sufficient individual components that are not affected by the redesign and modification of another component?
- Forces the software changes without loss of quality malfunctions and defects?
- Does the software run consistently and reliably enough to define test criteria and retrieve accurate results?
Mobile Application for Software Quality Assurance
With Lumiform’s mobile app, you can easily perform software quality assurance, quickly report problems and quickly assign corrective actions to responsible colleagues. Easy communication with all team members and third parties allows you to improve internal processes and resolve incidents up to four times faster. Lumiform, the powerful inspection application, helps ensure that no critical aspects, tests and considerations are overlooked in software development.
- The flexible form construction kit makes it possible to create new individual software quality assurance checklists at any time and to adapt them again and again.
- Keep an eye on your schedule and use the information to identify opportunities to increase your efficiency.
- The data you collect from inspections is collected under the analysis tab. Here you can access all data and view your performance reports broken down by time, location and department. This helps you quickly identify causes and problems so you can fix them as quickly as possible.
The app ensures that the schedule is kept. All employees receive notifications about the procedure and due dates. Managers automatically receive notifications when assignments are overdue and problems have occurred.
Try Lumiform for free