What is An Electrician App?
Electricians are no strangers to hard work. They spend their days getting in and out of tight spaces, climbing ladders, and crawling under houses—all while carrying heavy tools and equipment on their backs. And when it’s time for their shift to end, the last thing they want to do is spend an hour filling out paperwork.
That’s where an electrician app comes in. An electrician application is a time-saving tool, software, or mobile app that helps electricians or their supervisors with all documentation tasks. It’s designed to assist them with all their essential day-to-day audits and manage their business remotely and efficiently, making their lives easier.
These tasks include:
- Setting up work reminders and managing workload to track the time spent on projects, so you can bill accurately and get paid faster
- Keeping track of paperwork, such as permits, materials, expenses, reports, invoices, estimates, and quotes, so hitting deadlines will never be an issue
- Communicating with the team anywhere anytime
- Sending and getting quotes and estimates from suppliers, clients, and employees in real-time
- Taking photos and videos of the work that electricians are doing. This helps managers document their work and improve communication with clients
- Managing customer accounts and invoices through the app’s database, which is easier than using a spreadsheet or other software
- Geting push notifications about service calls coming up or waiting for approval from customers
- Using features like geolocation to find nearby homes for new jobs, so electricians don’t waste time driving around looking for work when there are plenty of nearby homes that need their services
Why Do You Need an Electrician App?
As an electrician, manager, or business owner, you have a lot on your mind. You need to know, among many things, how much time customers will take up and whether or not they will be able to pay for the work you do.
There are also certain documents that need to be created and maintained on a regular basis. These include checklists, risk assessment forms, incident reports, etc. In order to manage all of these documents effectively, it is important that they be organized in some way so that they can easily be located when needed.
An electrician app will allow you to do just this by creating an all-in-one solution that makes accessing these documents simple and efficient.
In fact, the best electrician app can help you with all this by allowing you to keep track of your jobs and customers in one easy-to-access location.
Here are the other reasons why you need it:
- Increased ROI
According to BIA Advisory Services , small business owners that use mobile apps like free apps for electricians can increase productivity and receive high ROI.
If you want your business to scale faster or you just want to manage multiple tasks, then an electrician app is a must-have. Companies that use such apps can reduce their operational costs, increase productivity and efficiency, and can have immediate access to vital data from anywhere at any time.
- Remote Management
The best electrician app today allows you to manage your employees more competently. This is especially useful if you have a large team working for you because it gives them all access to their own schedules from one location. This way, they don’t have to come into an office every day just so that they can check their schedule or submit their timesheets.
- Accurate Tracking
Your electrician app tracks costs and profit margins without a hitch. If there’s something wrong and things aren’t running smoothly, then it’ll be immediately apparent when looking at charts on the software program’s dashboard view.
What Features Are in the Best Electrician App?
- Track your work by client and by task
- Offer asset management and file/photo storage capabilities so nothing gets lost and everything is documented
- Send invoices directly from the app
- Automate email and SMS to stay connected with clients while also keeping them updated on their project status
- Send or guide you on electronic payments through the app so customers can pay directly through their bank accounts or credit cards
- Save time because it eliminates checks or cash payments altogether and you’ll get paid faster
- Calculate and crunch numbers for faster delivery of estimates, including fuse and breaker sizes, circuit parameters, voltage rates, electrical unit converters, and many more.
How Do I Make Most Out of the Electrician App I Downloaded?
To make the most out of your electrician app download, you need to be clear about what specifics you want from it. You also need to keep things organized and have all of the right tools and materials accessible in your app, including any safety equipment and guidelines.
Fortunately, this is what Lumiform offers in the suite of features in its electrician app. Here are more of the things you can get from its innovative solution:
- Access to an Electricians’ Handbook (ideally available through the app) – Lumiform allows you to upload your company’s comprehensive guide to electrical maintenance to its app for everyone in your team to access. This app will then be able to cover everything from electrical theory to installation techniques and troubleshooting tips, making it easy for the entire team to be on the same page.
- Checklist of Your Safety Gear – Lumiform can offer a form builder tool to make sure your companies’ preventive measures for electricity-related tasks are met. Such a checklist will make sure companies can give their clients a clear idea of the safety concerns related to the project and all the relevant details included in the app.
- Time Tracking and Billing Features – Lumiform’s app is designed to let managers know how much time it takes to do a task. It can track billable hours and expenses separately from non-billable costs. It also should be able to track all the miscellaneous expenses, including travel time and materials used on jobs where no money was charged to the client.
- Accessibility Anywhere – Lumiform’s app makes sure electricians have their data easily accessible for every project they work on. This applies to both tasks that are for personal use around the house or on side jobs for friends and family members. Lumiform’s electrician app is designed to get a better sense of how long it takes for different tasks and what types of jobs take longer than others.
- Comprehensive Features – The best electrician apps have features like a job calculator, automated auditing, appointment scheduler and customizable electrician forms. Lumiform made sure these features are included in its app to help contractors who want to streamline their business processes while still getting started.
With Lumiform’s built-in quality check settings, you can avoid mistakes that cause even more expensive problems than what was originally present before using your electrician scheduling app.