Maximize quality and profits with Maintenance Software
Managing a company can be a challenge. You need helpful support so that you always keep an overview and are not overrun by the competition. Repairs, delays and project failures are always more expensive than carefully planned preventive maintenance. Working cost-efficiently is the goal of every business owner or manager. Therefore, it makes sense to implement a good maintenance software in your company to help you achieve your goals.
Try Lumiform for free
How does mobile software help with maintenance?
Performing regular maintenance sounds simple. However, it turns out again and again that it is difficult to consistently stick to the routine when the tasks become more complex. It can lead to details being overlooked and some inspections and tasks being left out altogether if they are perceived as a nuisance. Maintenance software supports employees during inspections and simplifies processes. In this way, you can prevent organizational and regulatory standards from being missed and help your company achieve excellence.
Simply put, digital technology like the Lumiform maintenance app helps you keep better track of your company’s processes. Effective repair and maintenance software should be able to do the following:
- Provide easy access to data relevant to the maintenance and operation of your business
- Make assessments, inspections and evaluations faster, more efficient and more reliable
- Be flexible enough to integrate seamlessly into your workflow and ultimately improve it
The most important applications for a device maintenance app
Supervisors, managers or customers assign work orders to a person or group with the appropriate skills to authorize a request for maintenance, repair or other types of work. They contain details about the requested work, such as quality and quantity, due date, assigned persons and additional notes.
How software can help with maintenance and repair:
- A good maintenance app helps you create customizable templates for work orders that meet your business needs.
- You can easily check the status of work orders from your mobile phone or tablet. With maintenance software, you no longer need to carry paper documents around with you.
- Plus, you can use the app to create additional tasks as needed and assign them to the appropriate people.
- There is no need to re-enter data. You can immediately generate completed forms into reports in various formats. You can also use them as confirmation of receipt for customers.
- With a maintenance software all your collected data is stored in the cloud. No more worries about missing or destroyed paper documents.
- Your customers can confirm their work orders with electronic signatures. No more printing out work order forms.
Vehicle maintenance is an essential process for companies that use freight transport either as a service or to deliver their products. This also applies to taxi and car rental companies that use vehicles as their primary source of income. Maintaining vehicles through regular and proper maintenance increases productivity by maximizing the time vehicles spend on the road and minimizing the risk of downtime due to mechanical failure.
How a car maintenance app can help:
- Plan vehicle inspections and assign them to employees.
- Perform paperless vehicle inspections on your mobile device and identify areas requiring maintenance, repair or replacement.
- Use the car maintenance app to digitally log everything during maintenance and upload the data to the cloud. Stacks of paper logs and physical storage are a thing of the past.
- Take photos of defects, irregularities and other noteworthy facts. You’ll spend less time writing about anomalies if you can just show them.
- No more need to write e-mails or print out paperwork to present inspection reports to management. The car maintenance app can be configured to forward reports and allow responsible persons to access control automatically.
Regular inspections are carried out as part of the maintenance routines to ensure that a building (generally a residential building, but also an industrial building) retains its functionality and structural integrity. The structural foundations and aesthetic aspects of a building need to be thoroughly checked approximately every year to ensure not only the safety but also the quality of life of the tenants.
How maintaince software can help:
- Take photos of structural damage, failures and wear and tear to use as evidence for condition surveys and building maintenance reports.
- Customize the provided templates to your needs and preferences.
- Prioritize and assign maintenance, repair or replacement actions to the appropriate personnel.
- Schedule routine and ad hoc inspections of buildings through the app to notify the proper staff. You do not need to send e-mails.
- Instantly create reports that you can share with clients and colleagues.
- All the information collected from inspection and maintenance logs is stored in cloud-based storage and can be accessed from anywhere, anytime.
Maintenance in Facility Management
A condition assessment is usually the first step in facility maintenance. It differs from regular building maintenance inspections because its primary purpose is to identify areas and aspects of the facility that require major repair or maintenance. In contrast, a building maintenance inspection is more likely to provide a general overview of the status of the facility.
How a maintenance app can help:
- Take photos of facilities to prove their status and comment on them as needed.
- Simply adapt your templates to the challenges of the current facilities and update them accordingly.
- Take notes and write down details of what needs to be repaired, maintained or replaced.
- Set priority levels for tasks in the maintenance app and assign them to the appropriate people.
- Store reports in unlimited cloud-based storage. Grant automatic access to the appropriate personnel and/or customers.
A computer server houses a huge network of customers, which makes routine maintenance indispensable. This is the only way to ensure that the workload can be managed, optimum performance can be achieved, and unwanted downtime can be avoided. IT professionals typically perform server inspections on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as needed.
How maintenance software can help:
- Adjust checklists in the maintenance app according to the server configuration and ensure that no minor or critical checks are missed.
- Ensure compliance with routine checks by setting items on the checklist to “mandatory”, whereby inspections can only be considered complete when all items have been confirmed.
- Take notes on the inspection and add photos, comments and suggestions as desired.
- Give your manager or the next employee on duty automatic access to reports via the maintenance app to keep them up to date.
- Use all digitally collected data as documentation for specific certifications.