Use checklists for BSCI certification and optimize working conditions to establish your company as a global player.
Lumiform enables you to conduct digital inspections via app easier than ever before.
Get a kickstart with one of our +12000 ready-made and free checklists
The BSCI audit (Business Social Compliance Initiative) provides a complete assessment of your company's social compliance within the global supply chain. The BSCI audit assesses processes and working conditions in accordance with the BSCI Code of Conduct. This kind of check is not limited to any particular industry or product. Typically, it is conducted by small-scale producers and producers groups; small and medium-sized enterprises; large-scale enterprises; vulnerable and minority groups; internal-suppliers/facilities.
In order to guarantee the workplace standard at dealers, salesmen and suppliers, the BSCI examination is indispensable. In this way, legal guidelines are observed and damage costs are avoided.
This article deals with the following topics:
4. 4 tips for BSCI audit certification
5. App & Software for a complete BSCI audit & certificate
1. No certificate issued. The front page of the audit report showing the results can be already used as proof. Therefore, the BSCI audit can be done via mobile applications.
2. A BSCI database can be used for getting information on the profiles for all of BSCI’s participants’ suppliers and on their auditing results. Thus, it is possible to avoid redundant audits and also track non-compliance issues by marking where the training of suppliers is necessary.
3. The BSCI Service Provider Directory helps BSCI members to find the right partners to utilize the BSCI system.
The BSCI is based on a number of principles that are intended to ensure optimal working conditions for companies. In this way, your company's entire supply chain will comply with both global and national standards for working conditions. These are summarised below:
While doing the BSCI audit, it is necessary to keep the following bullets in mind:
Your company should meet a number of conditions based on the principles listed above. Tracking compliance with the established standards is a long and demanding process. The following tips will help you get started with your BSCI audit:
Lumiform makes it easier for you to comply with the ever-increasing legal requirements for process documentation by using the mobile app to document via smartphone or tablet and being guided by the system through all documentation processes. Clean, transparent documentation helps to avoid high fines. The easiest way to do this is with a digital solution like Lumiform.
You have questions or would like to schedule a personal demo? We are happy to help you!