What Is a Call Logging Sheet?
Call logs are records of incoming and outgoing calls typically used by business leaders to better make strategic decisions based on customer demographics like location or identify trends such as peak hours.
These logs do not record the content of the call itself, but instead include important details like the origin of the call or its destination, how long it was, and the date and time it happened. This information is consolidated in a call logging sheet and is used to gather insights like sales activity and workflow so business performance can be improved.
A call log sheet can be used in any industry:
- In telecommunications, call log data is used to help get a better idea of the activities within areas and determine the performance of their respective networks. For the busiest locations, this data can be used to provide better service during peak hours of use.
- In retail call centers, data on call activities can be included as a metric in the key performance indicators of the customer service agents.
- In emergency services, these logs can be helpful in monitoring disaster zones which allows them to provide targeted assistance.
These days, calls are automatically logged in smartphones. When an outgoing or incoming call is made, the caller ID automatically displays the call information along with the total duration of the call.
Smartphones are sophisticated enough to have extraction features that let you download data within a specific period, but to keep track of call logs within a longer timeframe, it’s best to secure the data in call log templates so data is easily accessible whenever you need it.
This article covers the following topics:
Why Is Call Logging Beneficial to Businesses?
The simplicity of the information in call logging is not to be undervalued. Phone histories are a goldmine of information that key business leaders can use to make more informed, data-driven decisions. These can be instrumental to optimizing processes and client relationships.
This is especially true in a wireless communication age where almost everyone is in access to a smartphone and uses call services daily. Client call log templates, then, play a significant role in understanding consumer behavior and providing smoother services to clients.
On top of that, utilizing client call log templates will also help:
1. Improve the customer support you deliver.
A call log template not just allows you to record call information but also includes notes that provide more insight into it. You can use this information to check resolution times and deal with customer complaints.
2. Measure employee performance and productivity.
Tracking the call duration will provide insight into how long it took to deal with a concern. In the call center industry, longer calls would require further investigation and appropriate action (e.g. employee training) to improve productivity.
3. Provide insight into future business needs.
The bigger your business becomes, the busier your line will get. Analyzing your call logs can help give you foresight into potential business needs. You can consider whether you need more or fewer communication lines, phone numbers, or perhaps additional features like international dialing plans.
4. Estimate your workforce needs.
Identifying relevant patterns or trends in your logs will help you better set your employee schedules. For example, is there an account that pulls in more demand than others during the night? This can be used as a basis to readjust shifts accordingly.
5. Meet compliance requirements.
Depending on your location and industry, you may be required by your local government to retain audit logs. This is true for industries like finance, legal, and some medical companies. Call logs will better help you meet these policies.
6. Optimize your workflow.
Call log templates can be integrated into your weekly or monthly reports and automatically sent to your email to provide you with more insight into your business activities.
7. Retain a customer database.
Call logs are not just instrumental to business operations but also marketing strategies as they are a great way to generate and retain leads.
Which Is Better: Manual or Digital Call Logging Sheet?
There are essentially two ways to record call information: manual and digital.
Manual call logging entails printing out bulk call sheets and placing them next to phones for use whenever needed. Not only does this take more time, but it also opens up room for error. As with anything that involves manual data entry, there’s the possibility of ineligible handwriting, missing pages, or the wrong recording of information.
This is very inefficient and counterproductive considering that call logs are often needed by the sales team to monitor client calls and maintain leads. Getting a number or detail wrong can literally translate to lost profit.
On the other hand, digital call log templates are easily integrated into existing customer relationship management (CRM) software, which then essentially automates the whole process. You can minimize the taxing part of the job while still capturing the information you need — in half the time. This is the recommended practice as it allows teams to focus their efforts on high-value responsibilities. More importantly, it reduces the margin for error and makes reporting much easier.
With a client call log template, you can improve customer experiences while simultaneously updating your customer records. Furthermore, you can help your team function optimally as you replace manual data entry with a more efficient digitized process.
All you have to do is enter details like the client’s name, call type, and notes and you’re good to go. You’ve got a treasure trove of valuable information with a click of a finger. Even better, you can use a variety of templates to suit your specific needs. Digital templates are customizable and flexible.
To make sure you get the most out of your call data, here are five practices you can observe:
- Use a template so you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Customize and retrofit the template according to your required specifications.
- Make sure to include all columns you need to measure the performance of your team and operations, such as duration, start time, end time, called ID, name of the receiving individual, the reason for call/complaint, and notes.
- Organized the templates according to categories, accounts, or professional purposes.
- Regularly monitor the use and execution of the call logs and communicate with the appropriate members of your team on how to properly use the client call log template.
Why Is a Digital Checklist Used for the Call Logging Sheet?
Successful companies, regardless of their product or service, focus on quality and improve customer experiences while simultaneously updating customer records. Promoting this also means investing in the right call logging template to consistently deliver high-level results. Say goodbye to pen and paper and invest in a digital solution.
By using Lumiform as a versatile mobile app and desktop software for inspections and audits, your organization can achieve and maintain the quality of its products and services by taking advantage of the following features:
- Easily create quality assurance checklists with the form builder, and customize them at any time with drag-and-drop ease.
- Access an extensive selection of templates in the template library and start using them right away.
- Select answer types such as multiple-choice, checkbox, yes/no, or long and short text answers in the quality assurance checklist to ensure you get the data you need and filter out the rest.
- Add photos and annotations during an audit to make your results more descriptive.
- Assign corrective actions with priority levels from the app, so incidents are addressed and fixed in order of urgency. You can also set automatic assignments to be triggered when certain conditions are met.
- Automatically generate reports so you can immediately share information with relevant stakeholders and employees, improving visibility across the organization.
- Perform extensive analysis to identify areas that need your attention early and continuously optimize processes.
Try Lumiform for free