What is a Change Request Form?
A Change Request is a formal proposal often used by contractors and stakeholders to make changes to the scope of a project. If Change Requests are not issued immediately, as soon as possible problems with the current project are identified, this can lead to possible legal disputes but also to expenses.
This article deals with the following topics:
1. Tips for issuing a Change Request form
2. The main components of a change request
3. The advantages of Lumiform for the change request
The main components of a change request
A change request includes the respective changes and documents the contents and steps. This allows the change to be easily tracked in the aftermath. The topics of a change request can vary greatly depending on the company and the industry. By default, however, the following information should be included in a change request.
- Data about the project
- Description of the change
Reason for the change
- Impact of the change
- Opportunities and risks of the change
- Documents to be changed and persons to be informed
tips for issuing a change form
A change of the original scope of work becomes necessary when various planning errors occur. A change request form documents the change process and makes possible costs and time expenditure transparent. The following steps support you in carrying out the order:
- Communicate - Notify the owner and determine whether he is considering making adjustments beyond the original scope of work specified in the contract.
- Create - In the change request, define in detail the planned work to be carried out. This requires new design documents, drawings or other specifications. A cost estimate for work, materials, etc. should also be included in the project plan.
- Submit - Submit the form together with the required documents to the contractor. Once negotiations have been completed and both parties have agreed on the terms, the work should be completed on time.
- Check - After the changes to the project have been made, contractors should carry out an inspection to ensure that the conditions set out in the issued Change Request Form have been met. Document the inspection, using photographic material or similar.
The benefits of Lumiform for the change request
With a digital checklist for a change request, you can easily document and carry out the request via tablet or smartphone - online or offline. With the desktop software, you create the relevant content for the change request and then evaluate the collected data. Take advantage of the other benefits for your daily work:
Digitize checklists and internal procedures with Lumiform:
- The flexible checklist builder from Lumiform helps you to convert any individual paper list into a digital checklist without much effort.
- Using the super intuitive mobile App, you and your teammates conduct check in the field with ease and in no time.
- All results, images and comments are automatically bundled in a digital report.
- Comprehensive analyses help you to identify inefficient areas in your company more quickly and thus to continuously improve your auditing and inspection processes.
- Extensive analyses help you to uncover inefficient areas in your company more quickly and thus to continuously improve inspection processes.