What does a Construction Safety Checklist entail?
Construction sites are among the most dangerous workplaces in the world. The profession of a construction worker is associated with enormous risks every day. These risks must be regulated and minimized. As the safety officer of a construction company, it is your duty to ensure safety in every respect.
The control of safety on construction sites through checklists is a complex and multilayered process. In order to have an optimal overview of this wide range of aspects and to work through them, it is essential to use safety checklists to prevent life-threatening accidents as far as possible.
The following article deals with:
1. Important aspects to consider for safety on construction sites
2. 3 tips for site inspection checklists
3. Lumiform: Your App & Software for a holistic construction safety checklist
Important aspects to consider during the site check
Site safety is a substantial and complex matter in construction work. The many partial aspects that regulate work safety in the long term must be carried out permanently, regularly and properly. The following main topics should definitely be dealt with in your checklist:
- Construction Site Organization
- Infrastructure and first aid
- Employee qualification
- workstations and traffic routes
- Working materials
- Working procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency situations
3 tips for site inspection checklists
A holistic safety plan for the construction site should be optimally adapted to the specific location. Despite this fact, there are the already mentioned topics that are indispensable for safety. In addition, you can use the following 3 tips to draw up a competent and rationalised plan:
- Training and organization
Safety begins with the detailed and holistically communicated training of your employees. Inform them about proper work and use of work utensils as well as emergency procedures, first aid and responsible persons and relevant contact numbers. Make sure that any changes in the daily work routine are communicated to all employees. Ensure that no questions are left unanswered and that information is centralised and easily accessible to employees.
- Emergency procedures
Go for a seamless emergency procedure. Inform your team about the exact procedure and determine responsible persons for certain incidents. It is also important that sufficient personnel on site know first aid procedures.
- Strong plan controls
Controls cannot remain individual cases where corrections are necessarily introduced until an incident occurs again. Define a uniform control plan from several responsible persons and determine daily, weekly or monthly schedules. Organize and record the controls to ensure a systematic safety check, to give your employees the confidence they need and to comply with legal requirements.
Lumiform: Your App & Software for a holistic construction safety checklist
With Lumiform's mobile app, you can easily perform quality and safety audits, report problems in a snap and quickly assign corrective actions to responsible colleagues. The easy communication with all team members and third parties allows you to improve internal processes and solve incidents up to four times faster.
Digitize Checklists and Internal Processes with Lumiform:
- The flexible form construction kit helps you to convert any individual paper list into digital checklists within minutes.
- Lumiform offers more than 9,000 pre-designed templates, so that you can quickly and securely get started digitally, including many change management process templates.
- Save time by analyzing all the data more easily and identifying areas that need your attention more quickly.
- With the super intuitive mobile application, you and your teammates can perform any check in the field with ease.
- All examination results are automatically bundled in a report by the system.