Why use a delivery receipt template?
A delivery note (also known as a goods receipt/issue slip) is usually enclosed with a shipment or attached to the outside of a package. A delivery note contains information relevant to the delivery of goods. It helps to meet the recipient’s expectations and helps the sender to better control the delivery of the goods. A copy of a delivery note with the recipient’s signature can also serve as proof of delivery after completion.
This article briefly deals with:
Which elements belong in a good delivery receipt template?
The template for a delivery note should be designed in such a way that all goods can be delivered smoothly. It should be ensured that the content of the delivery note contains the following elements:
- Reference number, such as invoice, delivery and order number
- Seller information, such as company name, address and telephone number
- Buyer information, such as name, address and telephone number
- Item details, such as description and quantity
- Delivery date and address
- Signature of the buyer/recipient
What are the advantages of a delivery note template?
A complete and detailed delivery note template helps to facilitate the transaction between seller and buyer by streamlining the delivery process. Ultimately, a delivery note based on a consistent template can contribute to a positive customer experience and stimulate follow-up business.
The creation of a delivery receipt template is generally not mandatory. However, it offers some advantages to both senders and recipients. The recipient can better check the delivered goods and compare them with previous orders and later invoices. If an item has not been delivered in full, the delivery note also provides an overview of the missing items or those that will only be available at a later date.
For the supplier, the proof of delivery form offers advantages in picking and checking the dispatched goods. The template for the delivery note can also contain a note that the goods remain the property of the shipper until payment is made.
The signature of the recipient on the delivery note confirms the receipt and acceptance of the delivery. It also certifies that the received shipment was correct and in good condition. There are also delivery note templates that allow comments to be entered to obtain feedback from the customer.
Create a delivery receipt template with Lumiform
With Lumiform’s mobile app you can fill out any delivery note simply by using a tablet or smartphone – online or offline. With the desktop software, you can create a new delivery note template whenever something changes in the elements. You can also evaluate the collected data on-site here. In this way, documentation errors and damage to your reputation are significantly reduced.
Lumiform’s mobile app allows you to report delivery problems in no time at all. Corrective actions can be quickly assigned to responsible colleagues. Easy communication with all team members and third parties allows you to improve internal processes and resolve incidents up to four times faster.
Lumiform makes it easier for you to document processes by using the mobile app to document everything via smartphone or tablet and being guided by the system through all documentation processes. A clean, transparent documentation helps you to avoid delivery problems and bottlenecks. The digital solution also offers you many other advantages:
- Convert any individual template for a delivery note within a few minutes into a digital form : The flexible form construction kit helps you to do this.
- Fast and secure digital startup: Lumiform offers over 9,000 ready-made templates via 9,000 templates.
- Get an overview of everything that’s going on on-site.
- Reports are created automatically – this saves the complete postprocessing.
- Increase the efficiency of your internal processes: Through more efficient communication within the team, with third parties and with management, as well as faster incident reporting, you solve incidents up to 4x faster than before.
- Save time by analyzing all data more easily and identifying areas that need your attention more quickly.
Try Lumiform for free