What Are Job Sheet Templates?
First of all, a job sheet, or a job card as it’s otherwise known, is a guide for employees instructing them on how to successfully complete their assigned duties. In addition to showing workers their related job assignments, a job sheet also contains pertinent data that describes the completed task such as a list of materials, tasks, times, and persons required to perform their job before receiving customer approval and signoff. Written work job sheet templates are frequently used in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, and trade.
Employers can use job sheet templates as a tracking system for the assignments they’ve completed for their clientele. In addition, the cost of the job and additional materials as well as how much they owe their employees, and subsequently, how much the customer owes the business are all bundled in one document. In this way, it not only acts as a job summary but also doubles as an accounting record when tax season rolls around.
This article provides information on the following topics:
How to Use a Job Sheet?
The job sheet template used for the worksheet varies depending on the industry, but generally always follows this pattern:
- Silicon caulk
- Aim and purpose of the job sheet template
- Description of the error and the work carried out
- Notes on additionally required work
- Materials used and cost calculation
- Confirmation by signature of customer and employee
1. Creation of a Job Sheet Template
When creating a job sheet template it is useful to formulate a standard instruction that defines certain procedures.
For example, if a company deals in plumbing, then standardizing operation procedures (SOP) for conducting a routine sink replacement will save company time as well as make it easier for employees to fill out the form on the job.
The job card template can be altered to include items that are usually needed while repairing or replacing a sink.
Other common items that would appear on a plumber’s job record for a sink repair or replacement might include:
For that reason, adding a section where the plumber can circle one or more of these items along with the associated quantity will accelerate the process. If you’re in an industry where the material for repairs is as broad as they are varied, then you can format the template so the employee can write it in or select an item from a drop-down menu.
It’s important to note that any materials provided by the customer should not be included on the job sheet. For instance, in the case of a sink replacement, customers will usually supply their own sink to match their personal taste and style. Communication is key here. Sometimes customers will want to supply their own materials to cut down on costs and would be disgruntled to hear that they owe you for something they already bought.
However your company chooses to handle its documentation, one thing’s for sure: paper checklists are time-consuming, easy to lose, and easy to forget. A digital checklist makes it easier to make quick alterations and copies of a job sheet so that it can fit the needs of its specific tasks.
2. Application of the Job Sheet Instruction
Describe not only processes and procedures but also make sure that the results are achievable. In order for your employees to be able to follow the work instructions exactly, it is useful to invest sufficient time in the training. Components of the work instructions are listed as follows:
In the end, the employee will be responsible for filling out the sheet including the number of hours it took to complete the job, as well as indicating whether or not there is any additional work or materials required before its completion. This is an easy way for businesses to organize the sheer quantity of orders or service requests without falling behind.
The Powerful App for Job Sheet Templates
Given the type of information required, filling out a paper-based job sheet template is challenging. On the one hand, filling it out is time-consuming, and on the other hand, paper lists make it difficult to keep track of productivity and analysis. Digitizing job sheet templates streamlines productivity, saves up to 50% of the time spent on them, and provides actionable business insights.
Additional advantages are:
- Reports are created automatically – this saves time on postprocessing.
- Increase the efficiency of your internal processes through more efficient communication within the team, third parties, and management. In addition to quicker reporting time, you can solve incidents 4x faster than before.
- Use the super intuitive mobile app to save time by analyzing all data more easily and identifying areas that need your attention more quickly.
- Continuous improvement of quality and safety: With the flexible form construction kit, you can constantly optimize internal tests and processes. Since Lumiform guides the examiner through the exam, no training is required.
- The very simple operation offers inspectors no margin for error on site. The app offers a less complex means of documenting or filling out checklists than tedious paper or Excel lists.
- Depending on the application, tests are carried out approximately 30%-50% faster.
Try Lumiform for free