What is a GAP audit checklist?
Farmers usually need a Good Agricultural Practice certificate (GAP) to guarantee the quality of their products as a supplier. With the help of a checklist, you can easily identify potential food safety hazards of fruit and vegetables. In this way, you can ensure that you are carrying out a good agricultural practice and you can do business with various customers, including those who demand high quality.
Good Agricultural Practices Template
This Article deals with:
What should be included in a GAP audit checklist?
Annually, the organisation organises: Global GAP audits of food producers. In the process, the farm is audited for compliance criteria with the help of a GAP checklist. The certificate is usually valid for one year. After expiry, an application can be made to update the certificate. There are a lot of regulations in agriculture. To comply with them, you should follow these rules. Check that you follow and comply with the following points:
- You only use the plant protection products and fertilizers that are approved in your state.
- You follow the instructions of the products you use. For instance you pay attention to the waiting times for pesticides.
- Keep within the upper limits for fertiliser application.
- Your field sprayers have a valid inspection label/certificate.
- Only qualified persons carry out the pesticide measures.
- Annually a soil analysis is carried out. The annual nutrient comparisons for nitrogen and phosphate at farm level are available.
Note that this is only a summary of the minimum requirements. So you should make your checklist more detailed or use one of our ready-to-use GAP templates.
6 components of a GAP audit
Before you carry out an usda gap inspection of your farm, you should follow these steps:
1. Make sure that the checklist meets the requirements for certification.
2. Read the recommendations for agricultural products, i.e. which products you use best and how to use them.
3. Check whether the GAP audit is at all suitable for you and your production. Also consider the requirements of your customers.
4. Carry out an internal audit to identify possible errors or risks to food safety and identify potential for improvement.
5. Apply for a GAP certification after carrying out the above steps.
Advantages of a digital GAP audit
Digital checklists are ideal for carrying out a GAP audit successfully and efficiently. You can easily carry out any type of quality and safety inspection via tablet or smartphone – online or offline. With them, all questions can be clarified step by step and all inspection points for a successful GAP certification can be reliably completed. Using Lumiform’s desktop software, you create checklists and evaluate the data collected in the field.
Profit from further advantages during your regular checks for a GAP certification.
- Get a general overview of everything that happens in the field.
- In addition, we offer more than 12,000 ready-made templates to help companies get started digitally in no time.
- Continuous increase in quality and safety: The flexible checklist toolbox allows you to continuously optimise internal audits and processes. As Lumiform guides the auditor through the audit, no training is required.
- All results, images and comments are automatically bundled in a digital report.