Optimize your relationship with your suppliers with a checklist to perform your SMETA audit digitally and efficiently.
Lumiform enables you to conduct digital inspections via app easier than ever before.
Get a kickstart with one of our +12000 ready-made and free checklists
A SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) is an international audit method used to assess ethical trade practices in global supply chains. The main reason why SMETA was developed is to enable suppliers to share valuable information about ethical practices and reduce the number of duplicate audits, to save time and money.
2. Who can perform a SMETA audit
3. 9 steps to take when doing a SMETA audit
4. An app to do your SMETA audit digitally
A SMETA audit brings together good practices of a technical audit. The advantages of performing a SMETA audit is that it gives you the possibility to perform an audit and share it with third parties, such as suppliers or customers, instead of having to perform individual audits for each of them. There are four main elements of SMETA and they are divided into the following topics:
Initially, the idea of developing SMETA was only for the members of Sedex, but everyone has the possibility to make one. Encouraging more companies to do SMETA audits helps to increase transparency in audits and the way in which audit results are shared.
When auditing a new client, it is necessary to do the following pre-, during- and post-audit steps:
1. Discuss the auditing process with your client
2. Accept the Audit Upload Request the client has sent on SedEx Advance, revise Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ)
3. Look through previous audits and Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) on SedEx Advance
4. Have a meeting with a supervisor
5. Site visit, private interviews and document analysis
6. Examination of Corrective Action Plan Report
7. Upload the Audit onto Sedex Advance and wait for the customer to review it
8. Verify Corrective Actions
9. Do a follow-up
Digitize your paperwork and record keeping, and automatically store all audit manager reports online for easy access anytime, anywhere. Get instant notification of security breaches through chat or push messages from your colleagues so your staff can prevent accidents. Improve workplace safety with Lumiform and add another layer of safety to your business:
You have questions or would like to schedule a personal demo? We are happy to help you!